Email me at hi (at) silversteinwriter (dot) com for more information.
- Essay (One-on-one or Workshop): I’ve always found that the hardest part of writing an essay is developing a thesis and supporting points that hit the assignment requirements. I help with structure, grammar, thesis selection and development, and citation (editing with student involvement only.).
- Creative (One-on-one, Workshop, or Class): It’s missing something, but what? I’ll help you with character and world building, dialogue assistance, editing and plot flow assistance.
- Journalism (Workshop or Class): Telling other people’s stories is an honor, and seeing your name in a byline is a thrill. I help with interviewing, collecting quotes, and article development and flow.
- Creative Careers (Workshop): Learning how to combine different interests or develop a career that may be considered unusual. Do science and writing mix? Yes. What about ways to help others combined with communication/health/animals/working out? Absolutely. Animals and creative writing? Indeed. There are a lot of ways to combine seemingly opposing interests into a rewarding career. Let’s talk about them.
- Crafty Tales (Workshop, ages 5-10): I bring the craft materials and the story for your child’s birthday party.
- Writing Bootcamp (Workshop, 1.5 hours): I provide the notebooks & pens. You bring your buddies (up to eight people total), or I come to you. After some instruction with writing prompts or other guidance, you jot. Maybe there’s time to read out loud, depending on everyone’s comfort level. I will edit one page of work (500 words) afterward for each person, and you all get your story, memoirs, essay, or book started.